Ladder Accidents Lawyer in Manhattan
5 Helpful Tips for a NY Ladder Accidents case
- File a report with the Site Safety Supervisor, your employer, your employer’s insurance company, and the State of New York.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses to the accident.
- Obtain photographs of the ladder, accident site, and your injuries.
- Obtain the names of the owner, general contractor, site safety supervisor, and any subcontractors responsible for the accident.
- Contact a New York Ladder Accident Attorney immediately to protect your rights.
Too often construction workers are injured due to accidents caused by unsafe working conditions at a construction site. Many accidents involving ladders occur because companies refuse to properly maintain their equipment or buy new ladders when needed. To protect construction workers the law requires a safe working environment. O.S.H.A. and N.Y.S. Labor Laws were enacted to provide protection to construction workers and prevent on the job injuries. When a ladder breaks or malfunctions, the worker often suffers a serious injury requiring legal representation.
A New York construction worker injured on the job will usually be entitled to workers compensation benefits. In addition, an injured construction worker may also sue a person or business other than his employer who caused his accident. Specifically, the owner or general contractor of the property under construction may be legally responsible for a construction worker’s injuries from a defective ladder that results in an accident.
Strict time limitations exist to commence a lawsuit for a fall from a scaffold or ladder. In New York State, the time to commence such an action may depend upon who is injured, who the potential defendant is, as well as the enactment of new laws and judicial decisions interpreting the law. Computing the time limitations is not a simple matter and a person should promptly consult an experienced New York construction accident lawyer.