New York Social Security Disability Claims Lawyers
5 Helpful Tips for a Manhattan Disability case
- Seek treatment from a medical doctor.
- Contact the Social Security Administration to apply for benefits.
- Report all work accidents to your employer with an accident report and keep a copy of all documents submitted.
- Get the names of all witnesses to your accident.
- Contact a New York Disability Claims Attorney immediately to protect your rights.
There are several different types of disability benefits provided through the Social Security Administration. You may qualify for disability benefits through the Social Security Administration if you have a severe medical impairment (physical or mental). Your age, education, work experience and other factors may affect your claim for disability benefits through the Social Security Administration. If you prove that you are disabled under the Social Security law, you may receive monthly disability payments for you and your family. In addition, you and your family may qualify for health insurance through Medicare or Medicaid.
In New York, if you suffer a work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to Workers’ Compensation benefits as well. Workers’ Compensation benefits include medical insurance, payments for lost wages, permanent and partial disabilities, and reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
You may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits even if you are not a United States citizen or if you work “off the books.” In certain cases, you may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits for injuries.