Motorcycle Accident Lawyers New York
5 Helpful Tips for a NY Motorcycle Accident case
- Call the police and an ambulance if anyone is injured.
- Get information from the other drivers including the license plate number, make and model of car, insurance card, registration card, name and address.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses to the accident.
- Obtain photographs of the accident site and any dangerous condition that caused the accident, all four sides of each motor vehicle involved, and your injuries.
- Contact Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New York immediately to protect your rights.
While riding a motorcycle poses risks greater than driving a car, motorcyclists are entitled to enjoy use safe roadways just as much as any other motor vehicle driver. A motorcyclist deserves a properly paved roadway free from trenches or inclines that make it unsafe to ride upon. A motorcycle passenger also has rights and may have a cause of action if a driver was negligent in causing an accident. Strict time limitations exist to commence a suit for a motorcycle accident. In New York State, the time to commence a suit involving a motorcycle accident may depend upon who is injured, who the potential defendant is, as well as the enactment of new laws and judicial decisions interpreting the law. Person should promptly consult an experienced NY motorcycle accident attorney after seeking medical treatment.